On November 10, 1890, a 3-tier stone fountain was installed in Peace Dale and hooked up to the community’s water system. Consisting of three large stone basins, it was designed to provide watering for horses, oxen, and dogs. It also featured a faucet for villagers to obtain water. The Narragansett Times of November 28, 1890, reported that it took 4 teams of oxen to get the largest stone in place. It was located in front of what is now the Peace Dale Library and the Peace Dale Office Building.
The fountain stayed in that location for about 60 years. The January 13, 1950 issue of the Narragansett Times reported that the removal of a large elm tree next to it would have caused it to become a traffic hazard, so the fountain was moved to its present location a few hundred feet away, on the western corner of the Peace Dale Library property. Now dry, the fountain remains a community landmark.